These Red Pepper Pizzas are ridiculously easy to make, but look and taste like something you’d order from a fancy restaurant. Homemade red pepper sauce paired with easy ingredients like creamy alfredo, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil–all piled on a soft naan flatbread. YUM.
Minimal effort is required with these, making them perfect for a weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. I have a feeling you’ll be making these on repeat.
Enjoy them as is or dress them up with some veggies and hot honey sauce. Seriously. So. Good.
Naan flatbread: In my opinion, using naan bread for pizza is an instant upgrade. I love how crispy it gets on the bottom, but stays soft and chewy on the inside. SO, so good. Plus, this is so much easier than making your own dough.
Roasted red peppers: Jarred roasted red peppers are so versatile and so flavorful. These are definitely the star of the show in this recipe. They’ll get blended with garlic, salt, and olive oil to make the most beautiful, flavorful red pepper sauce.
Alfredo sauce: I like to use Bertolli jarred alfredo sauce. In this recipe, the alfredo sauce complements the red pepper sauce beautifully. Salty, creamy, cheesy meets bright, acidic, and colorful. Mmmm.
Italian sausage: With the combination of red pepper and creamy alfredo, I knew that Italian sausage would be the perfect protein for these pizzas. It adds a little bit of heat and so much flavor.
Mozzarella: Top those pizzas with some classic shredded mozzarella. It turns into bubbly and golden brown perfection. I like to use whole milk mozzarella.
Basil: Nothing beats a fresh basil garnish on a pizza. I like to chiffonade my basil to make it look super pretty.
Garlic: The more garlic, the better. A whole clove of garlic gets blended with the red peppers, salt, and olive oil, and the result is a lovely, strong garlicky red pepper sauce.
Salt: A little salt for the red pepper sauce to bring out the flavors.
Olive oil: I like to use classic olive oil in the red pepper sauce. Blending the olive oil and the red peppers together helps the red pepper sauce to not be too watery and soak into the naan bread pizza crust.
How to Make Red Pepper Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Grab two sheet pans. I like to line my sheet pans with parchment paper, but you can also just use cooking spray.
- Brown the sausage. Cook in a skillet until golden brown on the outsides.
- Make the red pepper sauce. In a glass jar (using an immersion blender) or in a blender, combine the drained red peppers, clove of garlic, salt, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble the ingredients on the naan flatbreads. On each flatbread, layer about a quarter cup of alfredo sauce first, then drizzle with a couple tablespoons of the red pepper sauce, sprinkle about a quarter cup mozzarella cheese, then as much Italian sausage as desired.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cheese becomes bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil. Let cool for a few minutes, slice, and enjoy!
Notes & Tips
Substitutions & Additions
- To change up the protein, try substituting the Italian sausage for bacon or rotisserie chicken.
- There are so many toppings that would be great additions to these red pepper pizzas. Try some of the following:
- Roasted asparagus
- Roasted broccoli
- Roasted red pepper slices
- Red onion slices
- Try adding some heat by sprinkling red pepper flakes over the pizzas just before baking or drizzling hot honey just before serving.
What to Pair with Red Pepper Pizza
Red pepper pizza is great on its own, however, pairing a roasted vegetable, like broccoli or asparagus, or a side salad gives some delicious balance. This Bistro Salad is light and pairs perfectly with any pizza.
Storage & Reheating
This pizza reheats really well. Store in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, simply microwave or for crispier crust, reheat in the oven at 350˚F until warm.
Other Recipes You Might Like…
- Hot Honey Recipe
- Deconstructed (Sheet Pan) Lasagna
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- Pizza Dough Pretzels
- Feta Gnocchi
Red Pepper Pizza
- 4 large naan flatbreads
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves
Red Pepper Sauce
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage.
- Using an immersion blender and a jar or a regular blender, combine the drained red peppers, whole garlic clove, salt, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Place two naan flatbreads on each sheet pan. Layer each flatbread with a ¼ cup alfredo sauce, generous drizzle of red pepper sauce, about ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, and as much sausage as desired.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown on top. After removing from the oven, garnish with chopped basil and let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Did you try this recipe? Give it a rating below and tag Table Nutrition in your photos on social media!